Extreme Weather - Flooding
Year 5 / Year 6 English Teaching Resources: Extreme Weather – Flooding is designed to develop speaking and listening as well as reading and writing skills. Pupils are required to study the impact of flooding on a rural village and engage in a range of speaking and listening, reading and writing tasks. The resource contains a range of activities for pupils of all abilities.
The teaching and learning activities in this resource include:
- Empathetic writing
- Utilising adjectives to convey emotions
– Communication in a crisis
- Thinking, acting and speaking and listening
- Reading and discussing personal accounts and answering comprehension questions
- Literacy games
– Anagrams and ‘An A to Z of Extreme Weather' game
The resource includes an editable 28 slide PowerPoint presentation and 7 accompanying worksheets.
For a preview of Year 5 / Year 6 English Teaching Resources: Extreme Weather – Flooding click on the PowerPoint images.Our Price : £3.99 / 4 Credits