FREE RESOURCES - Modal Verbs: English Teaching Resource
Year 5/6 English programme of study - Writing - vocabulary, grammar and punctuation:
Develop their understanding of the concepts set out in English appendix 2 by:
- using modal verbs or adverbs to indicate degrees of possibility
'Modal Verbs' is an English teaching resource designed to help pupils develop their knowledge of modal verbs by identifying modal verbs in sentences. This teaching resource is an ideal aid to use when teaching a class covering the year 5/6 English curriculum objective listed above.
'Modal Verbs' is a handy 8 slide PowerPoint presentation that includes:
- What are modal verbs? Definitions with examples
- Understanding how modal verbs indicate degrees of possibility
- Identifying modal verbs in a range of sentences
- Spin the wheel and spotting modal verbs interactive game link
- One accompanying worksheet
'Modal Verbs' can be completely edited so that teachers are able to adapt the resource to suit the needs of each class they teach.
To take a closer look at 'Modal Verbs' please click on the PowerPoint images.
This is a FREE resource. Click download to access our free resources.